Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ahh...October

My favorite month is here.  Ahh, windows open.  Welcome cool fresh air, how I have missed you.  Unfortunately, until we get a big dose of rain, we have also welcomed allergy ick /chronic coughs (Laney, G, & myself), bloody noses (Laney) and ear infections (G).  We haven't let it stop us from apple picking, soccer games, Old Farm Days (yet another reminder of how rural we live), and evening smores on the firepit with great friends.

 


 



 

 





















So the rundown of recent adventures...


First and foremost, because it caused permanent damage...the grossness that was Camp Stinkbug (aka Girl Scouts Camporee).  It was truly a Candid Camera/Twilight Zone/Fear Factor experience - and one that I won't be signing up for again.  THANK GOD I went with my good friend Kelli AND that Laney didn't go.  Love her but, that would have been the only thing that could have made it worse.  (see photo, need I say more?!?)

Macie is loving soccer and scored her first goal today.  Way to go, Mace! 

Cadence is warming up to me and I LOVE it!  Last night she ran to me with open arms, my heart melted (and I could care less that the bag of cookies I was holding may have had some influence.)
Today I hosted a shower for Stacy.  I have been planning it in my head for some time now and it turned out lovely.  A large group of great women came to celebrate.  It was a nice day.

 
Finally, later this week Eric & I celebrate our 13th anniversary.  (Yes, we married at 16 because we all know I am only 29).  Love you honey.  I am so fortunate you are the one sharing this fabulous life with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment