Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weekend Update, a week late...

Last Friday we announced to the kids that we are moving to Bloomington, and it went great!  For now they are all genuinely excited.  I expect as our departure date nears moods might change, but I want to hold onto the excitement as long as possible.  We are taking G with us on our house hunting trip next week.  His criteria check list is a "mooth driveway" - simple yet a novelty here.  I am excited to see him explore each house.  I remember Macie doing that and you would think that each closet & alcove was the coolest thing ever.  And each house is better than the last.  I imagine it will be a busy few days - there are a ton of listings and we open to a few areas.  I am just so thankful that a move is happening during the summer, to not interrupt school.

Saturday I had an impromptu garage sale.  Made a little money for my upcoming trip to New York.

I also had a very nice Mother's Day last weekend.  The kids (& dad) brought me breakfast in bed - a bagel, the whole tub of cream cheese and coffee.  Along with some beautiful homemade cards and 2 presents.  I am now the proud owner of a pink tool set and a mini drill. 


 
Then we followed the Hennings out to Crozet.  We attempted to pick strawberries like Mother's Day last year, but they weren't quite ready.  So we  headed out to lunch at Devil's Backbone Brewery.  It was a late lunch so everyone inhaled their food.  Next up was nap time. 



It was a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment