Hammons Family Night Chicago Pizza Challenge
Well, there was a clear winner in our taste test... Gino's East won 4-1.
Ok, that was short. So, I guess I will go back and post about the more important stuff, like Christmas.
Eric's parents left the sunshine of Arizona to come to Illinois. Thankfully it was unseasonably mild, in the mid-50's. The kids enjoyed hanging out with their grandparents and were pleased with their Santa-haul. We had a nice time,... lots of relaxing, puzzles, Wii games, eating & drinking, and Words With Friends (while sitting across the room from each other). Lessons (re)learned this year included NO real tree and get to church REALLY early for Christmas Eve Mass - 37 years...missed mass, very disappointing, but bad planning on my part.
Of course, sandwiched between Christmas and New Years is our favorite boy's birthday. On the 29th, after G's 5 year old well-check, complete with kindergarten shots, we met our friends at good ol' Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday lunch. (Ugh, which reminds me,... I am so behind on thank you notes!)
We spent New Year's Eve with the Turnbulls. We had a great dinner and cocktails. The kids had a 9:30pm toast, an east coast (11pm) countdown, and Eric & I lasted all the way to 12:20am.
| Cheers! |

No comments:
Post a Comment