Ladybugs have held a place in my heart ever since I had my "Laneybug". To me it was just a perfect nickname. Come to find out they are a universal sign of good luck, especially in the Chinese adoption world. So, soon Stacy will have her own little ladybug.
Long story short on the ladybug legend...I guess in the 1990's, as Chinese adoption programs were rapidly growing, there was a season of unusually large ladybug population. The ladybugs were predominantly in Guangzhou, China. "Guangzhou is a necessary stop for all international adoptions. (The city houses many Consulate-General offices.) This large ladybug population explosion was thought to be a lucky omen for the many adopting families flowing into China".
So, until Cadence gets home we are flying our ladybug flag. And I gave Stacy one to keep up until she can bring home her ladybug. You can follow Stacy's blog during their travels. (It is listed in the right column).

Hey, now you have two followers! AWESOME!!
ReplyDelete