Friday, April 22, 2011

Great Week, Good Friday


We have had a fun week full of spring activities, crafts and gearing up for Easter.  The grass has finally come back to life (for now) and the kids refuse to keep shoes on.  They rush home afterschool to make mud pies, throw the football, present me with flowers (aka weeds), play school, swing & hang upside down.  (Knock on wood, no seasonal allergies right now.  Which is shocking given that everything is covered in pollen).


 





We started the week by dying eggs with the Hennings.  The kids had fun and my anxiety was minimal (thanks to the dying station setup in the garage).  We ended up with 30 boldly stained masterpieces - 18 of which stayed here and have since been eaten....I just never know, year to year, whether the kids will be into hardboiled eggs.  Not to mention, how many questions I will get peppered with about the egg...Where do they come from? Where is the chick?  Is this cheese? (yolk)...





G is really into his "cooter" lately.  I had to try it too, however, I call it a "scooter".


  

The weather has been pretty nice this week.  G had his first outside spring-lunch (he asks all the time to do this), and I was able to do my big planter box.  They still need to fill in but at least there will be some flowers on the deck for Easter pictures. 



G also had a special lunch date this week.  A skyping lunch date with Grandma.  Grandma got to watch G draw a picture and write his name, and G got to watch Grandma curl her hair and put makeup on.  Then they chatted about school and made funny faces at eachother.  A very typical lunch date, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment